LIVE ZOOM AT-HOME WORKSHOP
Dancers Noëmi Wagner and Blazej Jasinski will give a live workshop via Zoom on 27 February (13:00-15:00 CET). You can participate from home, regardless of the space you have available. With only 2 x 2 metres of space to move, you can join in. You will get clear instructions, demonstrations and corrections.
In this workshop, the following topics are central:
- Working on strength and body awareness
- Searching for articulation in the body
- Challenging your own interpretation within repertoire material
This workshop is designed for dance students, professional dancers and advanced amateurs.
For this workshop you need some simple attributes:
– a water bottle or tennis ball
– a chair
– a scarf or belt
This workshop is taught by Blazej Jasinski and Noëmi Wagner, dancers with whom choreographer Jelena Kostić has been working closely for many years.
WORKING WITH OBJECTS
After the success of the workshops Partnering, Kostić dancers Noëmi Wagner and Blazej Jasinski teach a new offline workshop series. In these workshops, working with objects is the central theme. How do you truly ‘dance together’ with objects? How do you use the resistance and unruliness of objects in your favour? And how do you make an inanimate thing come to life?
Inspired by How It Ends
The content of this workshop is inspired by our experiences in working with life-size dominoes in the most recent Kostić projects How It Ends, Only Patience Works Immediately and My Own Worst Enemy.
On 4 workshop days, we will approach working from different perspectives and angles, exploring new challenges every time. That is why the workshops are interesting to follow individually, but also as a series.
– Saturday 27 March: Freerunning – Building obstacles and passing over them
– Sunday 25 April: Balance – Suspension, endurance and perseverance training
– Saturday 29 May: Catch and Throw – Work on precision, gaining awareness, building courage and determination
– Saturday 26 June: Craftiness and Composition – Developing creativity by playfully combining objects and bodies in space.
The workshops take place in Club SoDa, the studio of DansBrabant, in Tilburg. The workshop lasts three hours.
– Saturday 27 March from 10:00-13:00 (session 1) or from 14:00-17:00 (session 2)
– Sunday 25 April: from 10:00-13:00 (session 1) or from 14:00-17:00 (session 2)
– Saturday 29 May: from 10:00-13:00 (session 1) or from 14:00-17:00 (session 2)
– Saturday 26 June: from 10:00-13:00 (session 1) or from 14:00-17:00 (session 2)
The fee to participate is
– regular: €30
– student discount: €17,50
You can register for the workshops by buying a ticket. We will only start selling tickets when we are completely sure that the workshop can take place. Would you like to register and be notified when ticket sales start? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(UN)BOUND PARTNERING WORKSHOP
Parallel to her choreography (UN)BOUND, choreographer Jelena Kostic and dancers Noëmi Wagner and Blazej Jasinski have developed a workshop that focuses on dancing with a dance partner.
Focus of the workshop
During this workshop Jelena and dancers Noëmi Wagner and Blazej Jasinski will work with a group of dancers on partnering. The partner work is explored and deepened with material from Jelena’s latest choreography (UN)BOUND, about the duality of human relationships. How do you really connect with your dance partner in a duet, how do you ensure that you blend together and at the same time retain your own identity, and how do you ensure that you communicate different, contrasting emotions as a pair?
The workshop can be tailored to the level and needs of the group of dancers that Jelena works with. The focus can be on connection and expression, or more on the technical aspects of dancing a duet.
Jelena gives workshops to participants of all educational levels: amateur dancers, dance students and professionals. For more information on her custom-made and thematic workshops please contact email@example.com